1 lb Baby Spinach
12 cloves Garlic, minced
1 Shallot, minced
½ Fennel Bulb, diced
7 tablespoons Butter
½ cup White Wine
½ cup Heavy Cream
4 Ounces Grated Parmesan Cheese
2 tablespoons Pernod
- Turn broiler on low heat. Shuck oysters and set each on a sheet tray lined with rock salt to hold the oysters in place. (crumpled aluminum works for this too)
- Place a pot over medium heat and add just enough vegetable oil to coat the bottom. Add shallots, garlic and fennel. Season with salt and cook until fragrant and translucent but without browning.
- Add spinach and cook until it begins to wilt. Season with salt and pepper. Add white wine and turn heat up to high. Cook until a tablespoon of liquid remains. Drop heat down to medium low, add cream and simmer until reduced by half.
- Remove from heat and fold in parmesan cheese and pernod.
- Completely top each oyster with a thin layer of Rockefeller mix and place under the broiler. Cook until Rockefeller mixture is golden brown and bubbly.